You know the holiday season is right around the corner when the annual BMO Harris Magnificent Mile Lights Festival event takes place. This year, the festival took on a different look and feel. There wasn’t a parade, but a show was curated and shown in Chicago on ABC7 this past Sunday to honor the tradition for #BMOLightsFest. Now one million lights shine on The Magnificent Mile in Chicago through the winter to celebrate the holiday season.
In addition, BMO and The Magnificent Mile Association have created a new opportunity around Lights Festival: festive window displays from 15 community and cultural partners in storefronts along North Michigan Avenue.
Eleven communities, listed below, lustered around the INVEST South/West footprint – which BMO supported in late 2019 with a $10 million donation – will each showcase their holiday traditions, artists in residence and local businesses in a window display. These holiday displays not only get Chicagoans in the holiday spirit, but also showcase a side of these neighborhoods that hasn’t been seen before. In addition, BMO provided each participant with a $2,000 grant.
- Austin Coming Together
- Coalition for a Better Chinese American Community (CBCAC)
- Greater Chatham Initiative
- Greater Roseland Chamber of Commerce
- I Grow Chicago
- Little Village Chamber of Commerce
- Quad Communities Development Corporation
- South Chicago
- South Shore Chamber of Commerce/South Shore Chamber Community Development Corp.
- The Austin African American Business Networking Association Inc.
- Washington Park Chamber of Commerce
Missed the celebration? Don’t worry, the BMO Harris Magnificent Mile Lights Festival show can still be seen in various markets throughout the US and Canada until Christmas. Check local listings to see when the show will be broadcast in your market.